At OpenStaff, we have a vision to add a meaningful option to the gig economy by providing flexible job opportunities for anyone with a passion for children and education.
Since we’re in the childcare business, we follow a set of standards outlined by the Texas Department of Family Protective Services.
This means that once you meet these requirements, you are qualified to work in any licensed center in Texas!
What does that look like? Check it out below.
This is a list of minimum requirements for you to join us:
1) Must be at least 18 years old
2) Have a high school diploma
3) **2-years experience in early education as an educator or paraprofessional in a regulated child-care center
4) A valid CPR/First Aid certificate (this training must be completed in-person)
5) Pass a background check
**Don’t worry if you don’t have 2 years of experience in a regulated child-care center. Instead, you’ll be required to go through a pre-service training. OpenStaff will get you set up with training through ChildCare Education Institute.
The online training covers the following:
1) Developmental stages of children
2) Age-appropriate activities for children
3) Positive guidance and discipline of children
4) Fostering children’s self-esteem
5) Supervision and safety practices in the care of children
6) Positive interaction with children
7) Preventing and controlling the spread of communicable diseases, including immunizations.
It’s normal that you have questions about any of the requirements or need help concerning it. We’re here for you.
Please reach out to us via contact page, or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get this figured out together.
Let’s continue to make a difference in educating the future of our world, our children!